Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Slug
There it is, moving along the moist soil. Its destination seems to be a tree up ahead, which towers over the creature. It is sliding along... trying its best to reach its destination. The little slimy accordion slides along the top of the soil. No music is being played however. It is so slow. Looks like it will take hours for it to reach its destination. I wonder if if experiences time like we do. Does it know that it is so slow? Or does time go much faster for it like it believes it is moving at a moderate pace but then everything around it is moving so fast. By the time it reaches the tree, the sun will already have risen. "Oh," the slug may think, "is it already morning? That was quick; it was only like a few minutes." Actually, I am pretty sure slugs don't even think about time in minutes. Maybe they often space out like I do and go onto autopilot. I try to imagine what my life would be like if I experienced time like a slug. To me, I would be moving at normal speed, but everything would be going too fast for me to keep up or even survive. To everyone else I would be getting in their way; a kid who is perpetually in slow motion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment