Monday, January 9, 2017
Stardust
I have always experienced satisfaction when it comes to putting something together. It is always fascinating to see one brick, thread, gear, block, plank, nail, etc. slowly turn into something magnificent as everything comes together. Like when I was little playing with Legos, I would lay down one plastic brick, and then another and another and another. Within half-an-hour I would be placing the final piece onto the Bat-mobile. Same goes for construction. I love to look at the foundation of a house being laid, and then try to fast forward to the future and see each brick laid down, every plank nailed into place. Months later I would see the newly completed house, and then think back to when it was nothing but re bars and concrete. The biggest things come from small things being put together. This also applies to us. We all started as a single cell, and overtime our bodies were constructed as our cells multiplied. What about the atoms in our bodies? Those came from exploding stars billions of years ago. As eons passed, our atoms from all across the universe came together to form our world, and then us. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a star that was billions of miles from the star the provided the atoms for your right hand. Matter can't be destroyed; everything we have had to come from somewhere. Our houses to the bricks. The bricks to the minerals. The minerals to the atoms. The atoms to the long dead stars. It is no wonder scientists say we are stardust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the imagery and how you really described what it's like for you to talk about something you are excited about and love. I also really liked how you brought in the piece about liking it since you were a kid and played with legos. I really enjoyed this piece, well done!
ReplyDelete